Clive Humby delivers the keynote speech on 14 March 2013 at The Mermaid conference centre in London, as part of The Trade Relationship Revolution forum hosted by Atheon Analytics.
Clive's talk covered a broad spectrum of ideas, issues, opportunities and challenges for the retail sector, and the wider business market, in collecting, managing and interpreting shopper and consumer data in order to understand motivation and improve products and services.
In the talk, Clive addresses:
- The nature of analytics, and the tendency to 'look in the rear view mirror'
- The history of loyalty analysis, and how segmentation and behavioural analysis rarely determine motivation
- The four primary sources of customer behaviour data: bank transactions, shopping baskets, device logs and social media interactions
- The impact of Big Data thinking and technologies; the benefits and pitfalls
- The ownership of data, and consumers will be taking control of their own information
- The power of fans; how brand advocacy is taking over from customer loyalty
This is essential viewing for anyone interested in consumer insight, and highly recommended to professionals in market research, consumer and shopper insight, B2C marketing, brand management and information technology.